Vision, Goals & Values
Royal Roads Vision: 2045 and Beyond
Our new strategic vision celebrates our past and looks forward 25 years, with goals and actions crafted to ensure we continue to deliver life-changing education—creating leaders who change the world.
Inspiring people with the courage to transform the world.
- Any age, any stage, any place: We’re an engine of lifelong learning for students no matter where they are in the world, their careers and their lives.?
- Explore, share, advance: We support interdisciplinary research that pushes boundaries, removes barriers and finds solutions to today’s critical issues.?
- Invite in, venture out: We engage communities locally, nationally and globally—leaning into partnerships, learning from others and warmly welcoming all people.
- Vibrant and sustainable: We champion a sustainable campus with leading-edge infrastructure and online platforms—one that is a top workplace in Canada and takes action on reconciliation, diversity, equity and inclusion.
CARING?A diverse and supportive community for our students, faculty and staff.
CREATIVE?Innovation in all we do; we continually seek new and better ways to do things.
COURAGEOUS?Bold in our actions; we welcome challenges and take thoughtful risks.
- Build on strengths in applied and professional programming, inter-and transdisciplinary and innovative delivery.
- Grow our innovative and entrepreneurial culture, and respond quickly to changes in the workplace and society.
- Enhance the inclusion and engagement of people of diverse backgrounds and ideas in all aspects of university life.
- Implement the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and honour the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Advance sustainability in all our academic programs and operations, with a focus on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Promote research and education to tackle the climate crisis, rapid advances in technology and interconnected social, economic and political challenges.