Confidence and competence are two essential skills required to effectively manage and lead within the current global economy. A Master of Global Management (MGM) degree from Royal Roads University is a generalist program designed to develop these skills, and more, to ensure you are ready to manage across borders and bridge across cultures.
The MGM is an international business management degree designed specifically for professionals who want to perform with sensitivity and agility in the global workplace. We offer a practical program where you'll receive applied knowledge while creating connections with professionals from around the world. Graduates of this program are fully skilled, work-ready managers and leaders with a global perspective and cultural awareness and an understanding of the ways in which disciplines like accounting and law vary across global markets.
In the MGM program, you will be given the choice of completing the program through the following?applied completion options: Global Management Project, Internship Research Project, Royal Roads' Graduate Certificates, or course-based options.?All these options emphasize experiential learning – the application of business knowledge to real-world situations. You will develop a broad range of international business skills while learning to work effectively with individuals from other cultures, regions, and ideologies. The applied completion options require you to utilize all the learning and knowledge obtained throughout the program and this will leave you with an intelligent and informed perspective about the world of business.?
Who It's For
The MGM is a graduate-level international business education designed for:
- Professionals looking for a global business perspective to complement existing skills
- Those who have a keen curiosity about the world
- The motivation to develop industry-recognized competencies in international business issues
- Those interested in sustainable business
This masters' program is intended as a launch platform for a globally oriented career. Graduates will be prepared to excel as:
- An entry-level position with a transnational corporation
- An effective manager in a multi-cultural environment
- A globally aware professional in a public or private organization
- A director of international marketing or international business development for a small or medium enterprise
- An entrepreneur with the ability to identify an international business opportunity, develop an international business plan, secure funding, and launch an international new venture
- A social entrepreneur starting their own NGO or serving as a program officer offshore
The MGM degree uses a holistic and integrative approach to deliver academic content and soft skills, such as self-awareness, problem-solving, teamwork, and collaboration. At the end of your program, you’ll have hands-on experience with the graduate-level business skills and industry-recognized competencies required for success in today’s international business market.
Academic assessment in the MGM program focuses on international business skills and competency development. In addition to practical experience with the essential business skills needed to succeed in today's global market, you’ll learn and practice negotiation, risk assessment, persuasive communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, active listening, effective rational and ethical decision-making, and much more - all through an international business lens.
The MGM program outcomes are informed by industry experts and are the basis for the design of each course and are used to assess your learning:
- Communicate Effectively – communicate effectively through writing, speaking, presenting, interviewing, and using computer-based media.
- Think Critically – use a broad range of research methods and conceptual models to make judgments and draw conclusions.
- Solve Problems – use a range of processes, models and approaches (quantitative and qualitative) to make deductions, and to identify sound potential solutions, goals, and actions.
- Work with Others - respect cultural diversity, share knowledge, work as members of a team, and lead a team.
- Innovation - recognize the need for innovation, initiate the process of generating innovation, assess the value of proposed ideas and solutions and implement innovations in an organization.
- Think Globally - recognize and respect cultural differences, learn from outside their own culture, and predict how their actions will interact with the environment in which their organizations operate.
Forum for International Trade Training Partnership
The Master of Global Management (MGM) program has aligned with the Forum For International Trade Training. As an accredited partner, the MGM program is recognized as meeting all of the CITP competencies.
FITT is a leading Global business training provider. As a not-for-profit organization, FITT is dedicated to providing international business training, resources, and professional certification to individuals and businesses. The mission is to build proficiency – knowledge, skills and ability- of people, businesses and organizations to access markets, reduce and manage the risks of integrative trade and to enable profitable competition (FITT). FITT is recognized as a world authority on how to do business around the world.
The FITT Certified International Trade Professional (CITP?|FIBP?) designation is the world’s leading professional designation for global business practitioners. This elite, industry-validated designation, is earned by meeting a rigorous set of competency standards, as set by FITT—Canada’s most trusted international trade training and professional certification authority. By completing the MGM program, you will have met the necessary requirements to apply for the FITT education credentials.
To obtain FITT educational credentials, students will be required to contact FITT directly for materials, additional assessments, transfer of their credits and to receive their FITT Certificate and FITT Diploma in International Trade. The FITT Diploma meets the educational requirement for the CITP designation.
Ask us about this benefit of the MGM Program and what that can mean for your international trade career.
For more information about the program or how to apply, connect with an Advisor by?email, or call?250.391.2528 or 1.877.778.6227 (toll-free).?If you 're an international student, please contact our?international enrolment team.