Master of Global Management
- Four year (or comparable) undergraduate degree, preferably in a related field, from a recognized post-secondary institution,?with a minimum B average.
- Minimum of? two years of relevant, full-time work experience when not enrolled in school, normally including experience in a variety of business functions in different areas of an organization, preferably with some supervisory or management experience.
Under flexible admission, the combination of work experience, education, and professional development is assessed. Applicants must show evidence of having sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to complete a demanding academic course of study at a master's level and have significant business related experience.
As a general guideline:
- Applicants without an undergraduate degree, but more than three years (90 credits) of related post-secondary education, or a completed university degree with an average below a B, should have at least four years of relevant, full time work experience including some management experience.
- Applicants with two - three years (60-90 credits) of related post-secondary education, should have at least six years of relevant full-time work experience, including at least two years in a management role.
- Applicants with less than two years (60 credits) of related post-secondary education should have at least ten years of relevant full-time work experience, including at least five years in a management role.
English Language Proficiency
- If English is not your first language, please review our?English Language Requirements.
- Solid academic and business research, writing and critical thinking skills are required for success in this program. Applicants need to include detailed information and evidence that highlights research, writing and critical thinking skills gained through academic and/or work experience. The applicant’s Statement of Intent will be used as one piece of evidence in assessing writing competence. Applicants who need to refresh or sharpen their academic writing and/or critical thinking skills may be encouraged or required to complete RRU Continuing Studies'?Academic Writing and Critical Thinking?course with a 73% ('B') grade, or the Pre-Masters Program (an international pathway).
- Accounting and numeracy skills are required for success in this program. Applicants need to include detailed information and evidence that highlights accounting and numeracy skills gained through academic and/or work experience. Applicants who need to refresh and/or sharpen their accounting skills may be required to successfully complete one or more accounting courses as a condition of admission. To meet this condition, applicants would be required to successfully complete RRU?Continuing Studies'?ASAC015 Principles of Accounting course with a 73% ('B') grade.