Master of Arts in Professional Communication
- Completion of a four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a relevant field, from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Evidence of having sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to complete a demanding academic course of study at a master's level
- Normally, at least two years of work or volunteer experience, preferably in a leadership capacity.
Applicants who do not meet the Standard Admission requirements will be considered for?Flexible Admission?and assessed as follows:
- Applicants without an undergraduate degree, but more than three years (90 credits) of relevant post-secondary education, should have at least three years of relevant work experience, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- Applicants with 2-3 years (60-90 credits) of relevant post-secondary education should have at least five years of relevant work experience in a leadership capacity.
- Applicants with less than two years of relevant post-secondary education should have at least ten years of high-level, professional communication experience in a leadership capacity.
English Language Proficiency
- If English is not your primary language, please review our?English Language Requirements.
- Academic writing skills are required for success in this program and an English composition course, at a recognized post-secondary institution, focused on academic writing is therefore recommended. The?Academic Writing and Critical Thinking?course offered?through?Continuing Studies?at Royal Roads University meets this recommendation.
- If your application is assessed under?Flexible Admission,?you may be asked to submit a digital portfolio (disk or flash drive) of your previous work, learning and accomplishments (e.g. written work, project management, consulting work, etc.) in the field of communication.