Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
At a minimum, all applications must contain the following:
In order to?apply online, you will be required to create a log-in account using your email address. You will be required to list all credit courses and/or programs you have completed or are currently enrolled in. An application fee will be required. If your application fee(s) are being paid for by a sponsoring organization, please contact?Student Accounts. Once submitted, you may check the?status of your application?at any time.
Applicants are responsible for arranging for the submission of official transcripts from ALL post-secondary (higher education) institutions currently or previously attended, for all credit courses and/or programs. Transcripts are not required for non-credit programs or courses, though some programs may require proof of professional certifications or designations.
Transcripts are considered official only if submitted directly by the Registrar or other recognized authority of the providing institution in the institution's original, sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, the transcripts are no longer official and new (official) transcripts will be required to complete your application.
All international transcripts or credentials are subject to an?international transcript and/or credential evaluation.
The statement should speak to both your educational and career goals, and the role the degree would play in your professional development. It should outline the areas you wish to focus on, and identify the courses you believe will support your program of study. We will assess your potential fit to the program in part on the content provided in your personal statement. The statement should be no more than two pages and answer the following questions:
- Why do you wish to pursue the Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies? Explain why your career goals require courses from multiple academic program areas.
- What academic courses and/or training have you had that would provide a foundation for your master’s studies?
- The MA in Interdisciplinary Studies requires a high degree of flexibility and self-direction from students. Please provide examples from your work or educational history that provide evidence of flexibility in responding to new situations, self-direction, and self-motivation.
A detailed resume is one that provides a comprehensive profile of the applicant. It should include education, work experience (including voluntary/unpaid), reports and publications, professional memberships and affiliations, and other relevant information.
Letters of Reference
Your application requires two letters of reference. These letters should be written by individuals qualified to assess your professional expertise and speak specifically to your academic qualifications and ability to conduct graduate level research. Reference letters must be submitted directly by the referee and not by the applicant.
Proposed Course Schedule
Applicants must work directly with the College of Interdisciplinary Studies to design a program schedule which identifies courses to be taken as part of the program. The process of developing such an individualized schedule can vary significantly but will often take one month; an application is not considered complete until it contains a schedule that has been endorsed by the applicant and the College of Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Applicants declaring permanent resident or Convention Refugee status in Canada, must submit a copy of their Permanent Resident Card (PR card) along with their application.
- Transcript evaluation fee or?credential evaluation report, if submitting international transcripts.
- An official English Language Proficiency score report or other evidence of proficiency if English is not your primary language.
For information on how and where to send your supporting documents, please refer to the?document submission?guidelines.
As a?personalized course schedule is required as part of the assessment process, usual turn-around times do not apply to applications for the MA in Interdisciplinary Studies. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that applicants apply early and begin working with the?College of Interdisciplinary Studies?as soon as possible to finalize a course schedule.?
Please?contact us?with any questions you may have about the curriculum for the MA in Interdisciplinary Studies.