Canadian Forces and DND Employee Education Policy and Programs
Royal Roads University strives to be an educator of choice for members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and the Department of National Defense (DND) and is committed to assisting in promoting continuing education for CAF and DND members.
Since 1995, over 800 CAF and DND members have attended Royal Roads University through its unique blend of short, intense residencies, and distance learning. Members have earned Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelor of Arts, Masters and Doctoral degrees. Royal Roads recognizes the unique training and experience of CAF and DND members as well as the requirements of service life.
Entry to Royal Roads University programs for CAF and DND members is supported through various initiatives:
- Canadian Forces Paid Education program?
- Programs and Qualifications – Non-Commissioned Members
- Programs and Qualifications – Officers
To apply for educational expenses reimbursement CAF and DND members must submit their approved Individual Learning Plan (ILP) plus:
- Proof of successful completion
- Original receipts for tuition, books and instruments
- List of mandatory/required books and associated costs
- CF-52 (General Allowance Claim) form
More information regarding eduation reimbursement can be obtained by speaking with representatives at your Personnel Selection Office.
Your Personnel Selection Officer will be able to assist you in completing the ILP and RRU can answer your questions on specific programs.