INTERNATIONAL SOS GLOBAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Royal Roads University partners with International SOS (ISOS) to provide international travel information, support, and assistance to Royal Roads University international travelers. Through this partnership, you have access to a global network of 26 Assistance Centers staffed with International SOS doctors, nurses, and security experts. These Assistance Centers are available to you 24/7/365 to provide travel-related assistance, including pre-trip consults, advice in your language, and to support you in case of emergency. ?
Access to the Inernational SOS program for students will be coordinated through program offices during the planning stages of international student trips.
What does International SOS provide for me?
Before you travel
- On-call: vaccinations, medical information, health threats, etc.
- Online: illness, hygiene, quality and level of local healthcare, precautions to take, access to healthcare, primary care, etc.
- On-call: transportation, accommodation, areas to avoid, recommended behavior, advice on a situation, specific advice for your travel profile, etc.
- Online: information on countries and large cities, level and types of risks, local customs, practical (telecommunications, currency, etc.) and political aspects, etc.
- What medication do you take with you? Are there any customs restrictions?
- You have a mental health concerns you want to discuss with a doctor.
- Your flight arrives at night in a city considered ‘dangerous.’ What do you do?
During travel / while abroad
- On-call advice: medical and emergency advice, referral to doctors and specialists as well as coordination of treatment with the treating practitioner
- Guaranteed payment of medical expenses
- Proactive email alert in the event of a health risk in a country
- On-call advice: security information and emergency advice
- Assistance in the event a passport or other official document is lost or stolen
- Referral to vetted security service providers
- Email alert in the event a situation develops or deteriorates
- You have stomach pains and want to consult a doctor and possibly see a vetted provider
- You have learned through the local media that there are incidents of civil unrest and you want to know how to react
In the event of a medical or security emergency
- Emergency medical evacuation/repatriation
- Transportation in the event of death, assistance with legal formalities
- Hospital follow-up, control of healthcare expenses??
- Recommendations in the event of an emergency or critical event
- Organization of the evacuation and repatriation by our teams of in-field experts, through to the final destination
- You’ve had an accident and want to know the best facility to manage your care
- You have just heard an explosion outside your hotel. What do you do?
Your International SOS Membership Card:
International SOS Membership Cards will be distributed by the Office of Study Abroad staff
Call International SOS 24/7 at +1 215-942-8478. Be ready to provide:
- Your first and last names
- International SOS membership number 27ASCA842970??
- That you are traveling on behalf of Royal Roads University
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Reason for your call