The Community Service Leadership Project (CSL) is a pilot program in which students are able to access opportunities to connect academic learning with real life experiences by doing volunteer work in the community. Participating students select co-curricular volunteer opportunities at community events and initiatives that match their specific interests.
Community service is a great way to enrich your learning experience while making a real difference in the community. If you are interested in getting involved, please complete this?survey?to share your interests.
EXAMPLES OF VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN THE COMMUNITY INCLUDE:
- Baking with residents at Pacifica Housing
- Home renovations with HeroWorks
- Race marshals for CIBC Run for the Cure
- Social media support for Creatively United for the Planet
- Create a?Track it Forward?profile. It’s fast, free and easy!
- Sign up for upcoming CSL?events
- Download the free?Track it Forward App?to start track your hours and record your progress.
The Community Service Leadership Certificate of Achievement
Students who participate in two or more RRU CSL initiatives and complete 20 volunteer hours or more will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Any unexcused absences from pre-registered events will make students ineligible for the certificate.
We are grateful to Marriott International for their support of the Community Service Leadership Project.