The procedures outlined below provide you with the necessary information on what to do in the event of a fire while you are on campus.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact your Campus Security.
Fire Evacuation Procedures:
- A fire evacuation plan is posted inside the main entrance of all buildings. Use the plan to become familiar with your environment, including escape routes and muster areas.
- If you see a fire, whether in the buildings or on the grounds, raise the alarm verbally and pull the nearest fire evacuation alarm (you should become familiar with the location of the alarm nearest your classroom, residence room, or work space).
- Stop what you are doing and evacuate the building immediately via the nearest safe exit. Do not use elevators.
- Assist any disabled persons to safely evacuate the building.
- Once clear of the building, proceed to the designated muster area for your building. A poster showing the designated muster area for your building should be posted in your?class or living area?area. Keep off roadways as emergency vehicles will be responding to the alarm.
- Look around you. If there is anyone that you think is remaining inside the building, be prepared to give that information to the building warden and fire department. Do not go back inside the building until authorized to do so.
- Remember, many injuries occur when people panic. Be prepared, remain calm, and think before moving.