Looking to hire a student, contractor, seasonal employee or a highly skilled professional? CareerRoads is a no-fee service for organizations to post opportunities to RRU students and alumni.
1. Post Your Opportunity
Develop a company profile, upload a job description and manage applications as they are submitted or upon closing of your posting.
Create a company and contact profile: your account activation is an easy TWO STEP process:
- An email will be sent to verify your registration:?this email must be accessed for your profile to be activated.
- A second email will follow your verification: please immediately return to your email inbox to set up your password.
To post an opportunity once you are logged in:
- Click on “Create Job Posting” on the home page or click on “job postings” in the top navigation bar and then the “Add New” button.
- Fill in the required information (marked by a red asterisk).
- Once you have filled in all required information, click “Submit”.
Key information you need before uploading an opportunity is the:
- job title;
- job description with a brief description of the position, duties and/or deliverables;
- job geographical location;
- application cut-off date
- position start date;
- hours per week; and
- hourly wage.
- To retrieve and post an archived job:
- Select “Create Job Posting”;
- Select “Show Archived”;
- Click on the drop-down box and select the job you want to copy;
- Update job posting information and details; and
- Post as per usual.
For support, please contact the?Career Learning and Development?office?or call 250-391-2600 Ext. 4554.
If you would prefer the office of Work Integrated Learning to manage this step for you, simply?email?the?Career Learning and Development office with the job description, start and end dates, application information and salary.
2. Review Applications
After your job closes, review the applications, or you may wish to request CareerRoads to send all applications to you in a booklet form upon closing of the posting. ?If your position closes and you have received no applications, please contact the?Career Learning and Development?office for additional support.
3. Interview Students
Once you have screened the applications and selected the chosen applicants, you may contact the students directly for interviews.
4. Make An Offer
Once the successful candidate has been chosen, you may contact them directly with the offer.
If the closed position is an internship opportunity, the host and student must complete the Internship Contract form and submit it along with the job description to?the?Career Learning and Development office?office.